The BRHS is not legally able to take in stray animals. We recommend that all strays within city limits are brought to Brookings Animal Control. If you have found or lost a pet, please contact Brookings Animal Control by calling 605-691-0201.

If you have a lost/found animal to report, please email the BRHS and include any information that may helpful for finding/returning the animal (type of animal, approx. age, gender, color and any identifying markings, any forms of id such as a collar or tags, etc. – pictures are also welcome). 

If you live outside of Brookings County, you should contact your local animal control or law enforcement.